Muscle Soreness can be very hard on you and it might affect your daily and official life. Here we bring you eight creative ways to fast-track your recovery- none of which involve Epsom salts or ice baths. You know, so you can get right back in the gym and do it all over again.
1. Turmeric: The bright gold spice contains an antioxidant called curcumin, which has been shown to reduce muscle pain and inflammation and speed recovery after a killer workout. Drink milk with a pinch of turmeric.
2. Eat something garlicky: Yep, garlic. Studies show it's pretty powerful at reducing muscle fatigue-especially when you crush the cloves. Smashing the garlic's cell walls creates a compound called allicin, which also dials down inflammation. Add it to a post-workout meal with protein and carbs (like a stir-fry) to help muscles bounce back quicker.
3. Get a good night's sleep: Your body has a sophisticated system for clearing out inflammation and repairing cell damage-and it happens while you sleep. So aim for at least seven and a half hours of shut-eye per night-good advice just in general.
4. Grab a cup of coffee: One study found that sipping the equivalent of two cups of coffee reduced the amount of pain people reported by nearly 50 percent. There's also evidence caffeinating before you exercise can improve performance while making your sweat actually feel easier.
5. Dust cinnamon on your morning oatmeal: Cinnamon has been shown to have analgesic effects on stiff, achy muscles. And it doesn't take much either: A study in the International Journal of Preventive Medicine found that consuming about a teaspoon of the stuff was enough to get the benefits-the perfect amount to sprinkle on your oatmeal or in your coffee.